Infobase is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Infobase takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of Films on Demand:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Films On Demand is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Development & Testing
Infobase checks for accessibility using a range of automated and manual checks. For example, we test the interface for screen reader accessibility using JAWS with Internet Explorer.
We employ a variety of additional tools used to test accessibility that includes WAVE (web accessibility evaluation tool) provided by WebAim, Focus indicator, Manual keyboard testing, http://validator.w3.org/, and HTML_CodeSniffer.
Infobase also employs the services of outside usability and accessibility consultants to ensure that we are adhering to the latest accessibility standards and guidelines.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Films on Demand. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Films on Demand:
- Phone: 1-800-322-8755
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Visitor address: 132 West 31st Street, 16th Floor
- Postal address: New York, NY 10001
We try to respond to feedback within 1 business day or less.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Digital Services Department
Director of Digital Services
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days.
- VPAT version 2.4 International. Last updated December 2021 (Current Version)
VPAT 2.4 INT: Incorporates Revised Section 508 standards (the U.S. Federal accessibility standard), EN 301 549 (EU's Accessibility requirements), and WCAG 2.1 (W3C/WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)