There are many benefits to creating a personal account. While the core functionality of the site can be used with a generic account, none of the My Content features or user preferences listed below will be accessible until an individual user account is created.
User Account Only Features
- My Content
- My Profile
- Account Settings
- Color Theme
Logged in users will have access to the My Content dashboard where they can view all of their available resources and easily access any of these features listed below.
- Playlists - Films Video content can be added to playlists from search results or the media pages. Options exist to add new playlists directly to folders, or create a new folder at the time you save a new playlist. Options to move content into one of these folders and view all content in a particular folder exists as well.
- Favorites - Films Video content can be added to favorites from search results or the media pages. Favorites supports folder organization as well. Options exist to add new favorites directly to folders, or create a new folder at the time you save a new favorite. Options to move content into one of these folders and view all content in a particular folder exists as well.
- Folders - Folders are universal across the entire My Content section, instead of only being visible to the specific section they were created in. Options to move content into one of these folders and view all content in a particular folder exist inside each section as well.
- Saved Searches - The My Saved Searches section allows anyone with a user account to save their search results. Basic searches using the top search bar, and compound searches created from within advanced search are all supported. Saving a search also allows you to add notes about that search that will appear at the top of the search page, when accessed from within My Saved Searches. Options exist to add new searches directly to folders, or create a new folder at the time you save a new search. Options to move content into one of these folders and view all content in a particular folder exists as well.
- Custom Segments - The My Custom Segments section allows anyone who is logged in with a user account to create and save their own custom segments. Custom segments provide another level of customization, allowing you to create the perfect segment that best meets your needs. When you create a custom segment, you are creating a virtual segment using in and out points of the video. These segments do not alter the original video and are not downloadable. Segments that are created are visible on the segments tab of any video they were originally created from, at the bottom of the segments tab.
Once a user account has been created, users can access and modify their profile Users can upload a profile picture, change their name and email address, change their password, and select subjects of interest.
My Account Settings
The My Account Settings section allows you to modify individual account preferences. Many of these settings can be set by an administrator as defaults, and then may be overridden at the individual user level. In addition to basic settings, you may also determine the active page tools you would like to use and set the display order on the view media pages, and opt in and out of monthly new title emails and newsletters. Account settings can be accessed from the top navigation by clicking on the "My Profile" link on the top right.