Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from On Demand directly into their courses. For more information, please refer to the On Demand Canvas External App Overview article.
The new app provides a rich integration between On Demand and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas will now be able to embed On Demand resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
Prerequisites for Installing the Canvas External App:
- You must have your own instance of Canvas.
- You must have an active On Demand subscription.
- Your institution's LTI Access Key and Secret - can be obtained from support at email@example.com if you do not already have it.
External App Installation:
- Log in to your Canvas instance as an administrator with access to install and configure apps.
- Select the Settings menu (either for an individual course or for your account).
- From Settings, select the Apps tab at the top.
- From the Apps tab, enter, "Films On Demand" in the Filter by Name box.
- Click on the Films On Demand logo and then the button for Add App.
- From the pop-out window enter the "Consumer Key" and "Shared Secret" you obtained from support, then click Add App.
If everything was set up correctly, you will now see the Films On Demand icon in the Canvas editor (shown at the top of this page).