Customers using the Schoology/Powerschool learning management system can embed content from Films on demand directly into their courses.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between Films On Demand and your Schoology courses. Users of Schoology can embed On Films On Demand resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Schoology HTML editor and the Add Materials menu within a course.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Films On Demand.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Films On Demand videos, and your own custom content resources directly into Schoology, without leaving the LMS.
Using the Schoology App
The Films On Demand app is available for all of our Schoology users and can be installed for:
- Course Materials Selection
- Rich Text Editor
- External Tool
Below are examples of two ways to embed Films On Demand records into your courses .
Course Materials Selection
From within a course, you have the option of finding and embedding records directly into the course materials section using the Add Materials drop-down.
- Click on the Add Materials button below the course name.
- Click on the Films On Demand App shown on the right-hand side of the drop-down menu
Once you click on this, the search page will display.
Enter your desired keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
The search results page offers several filters listed below.
Once you have chosen a media file to embed, you can choose to preview it by clicking the Preview button or click on the Embed button if you're certain of your choice. These are your embed choices in the drop down:
After selecting your embed option, you will be returned to your course materials list. Your selected embedded record will display on the page but you will not be able to view it unless you press play on the video thumbnail.
Just a few notes:
- Clicking play on the thumbnail image to view the embedded record will display directly on this page.
- Clicking on the video title link will open it on a new page.
Rich Text Editor
The Schoology HTML editor contains an Insert Content option shown below. This icon is available inside the HTML editor used in some of the Add Materials options, such as adding an Assignment, Test/Quiz, Discussion, or Page to your course.
- Click on the desired option such as Add Page.
- Click on the Insert Content editor option.
- Click on the Films On Demand option located on the right-hand side of the Insert Content menu.
- The Import from Resources pop up window will appear, which is identical to the add materials search page as shown above.
- Follow the same steps outlined above to locate and embed your desired content.
The content will appear as a yellow box within the editor until you click the Save button.
Your new course material will now appear under the main materials list.